Woodland Group's sustainability manager, Sam, was recently invited by the Institute of Directors (IoD) to speak on their latest webinar 'Transport: the business opportunity of the net zero transition in the East of England'. Sam discussed sustainable logistics, how businesses can decarbonise their supply chains, and ways to reduce transport emissions to help achieve net-zero by 2050 as local authorities across England look to reduce emissions.
An event round-up has now been released via the Centre for Climate Engagement at the University of Cambridge, which can be viewed here and you can watch a recording of the webinar below, starting on Sam and his views on sustainability in transport:
Woodland Group is proud to be investing in greener alternatives in order to build sustainable supply chains of the future
What are Woodland Group doing to reduce emissions?
- Investing into fuel efficiency and driver training
- Trialling alternative fuels
- Over 80% of Woodland's global forklift fleet switched to electrical alternatives
- Over 1,200 solar panels installed at Woodland facilities with more to be added
- Investing into new warehouse technologies
- Pallet wrap usage reduced by 40%
- Gained ISO14001 and EcoVadis accreditations
- Integrated carbon calculator reporting on all transport emissions
- Rebuilding client supply chains with use of alternative transport solutions to reduce carbon impact
Please share this article
It only takes a couple of clicks and it would be greatly appreciated!\n\rMany Thanks