17 January 2024•Article
Sea-Air Services: An Effective Response to Canal Disruptions
In response to security threats in the Red Sea and the Panama Canal drought causing severe supply chain disruptions, the heightened demand for alternative transportation modes has led to an increased interest in hybrid solutions, particularly Sea-Air transportation.
Supply chains are experiencing severe disruptions as a result of recent security threats in the Red Sea and the Panama Canal drought. An increase in demand for alternative transportation modes to mitigate effects, reduce cost and minimise delays has been the result.
Hybrid transportation modes are one of the solutions sought by shippers as they combine the benefits of two or more means of transport to achieve the most efficient routing possible.
Sea-Air transportation is seeing increasing demand, combining the advantages of both sea and air freight. Our customised Sea-Air solutions help you navigate challenges and support the effective and successful management of your supply chain and business.
How does it work?
Sea-air service is a hybrid transportation solution that combines the benefits of both sea freight and air freight to offer an optimised and cost-effective shipping option. It is particularly useful for international shipments, especially when there is a need to benefit from a balance between the cost-effectiveness of sea freight and the speedy transit times of air freight.
- Sea Freight Leg: The journey begins with the transportation of goods via sea freight.
- Transhipment: At a strategically located transhipment point, the cargo is transferred from the sea vessel to an air carrier.
- Air Freight Leg: The cargo is then transported by air to its final destination in between 1-2 days.
- Cost-Effective: Benefit from the cost savings of ocean freight combined with the speed of air freight. Sea-Air services offer a budget-friendly alternative for time-sensitive shipments.
- Faster Transit Times: Cut down on delivery times compared to traditional sea freight. Sea-Air services ensure your goods reach their destination swiftly without compromising your budget. Transit time to many destinations is reduced by over 50%.
- Customised Solutions: Tailored to meet your specific needs, Sea-Air services provide flexibility and adaptability to varying cargo requirements.
- Sustainability: Opt for Sea-Air to reduce your carbon footprint compared to air freight only.
Why Choose Us?
- Expertise: Thanks to years of experience in global supply chain management, we're able to offer seamless intermodal transportation options.
- Global Network: Our extensive network facilitates smooth connections between sea and air transportation, enabling a streamlined shipping process from origin to destination by any means.
- Technology: We leverage the latest technology to provide tracking and visibility, allowing you to monitor your shipment during transport.
- Sustainability: We are able to provide you with your emissions data to measure and report on the impacts of your supply chain on the environment.
Example of Sea-Air services are as below*
*Transit times shown above as estimates and are subject to ocean and airline schedules and availability and may be subject to change.
To find out more or if this could be an option for you, please contact us here.
You may also like:
New customs requirements on Ireland to Great Britain movements from 2024
US Government Shutdown - Supply Chain Impact