The global spread of COVID-19 has had a well-known, significant impact on airfreight, with airlines worldwide suspending international flights, resulting in global cargo volumes in March falling between 23% to 50% compared to the same four weeks in 2019.
Asia airfreight has arguably seen the most significant fluctuations in capacity, following COVID-19 spreading first in China, with the country and surrounding Asian territories affected severely but recovering first, only to be impacted again by the continued spread of the virus across the globe.
CHINA – EUROPE AIRFREIGHT - THE LATEST
Through more than 30 years’ experience operating in the China market, our local teams on the ground together with dedicated teams across the globe deliver solutions to aid the current air freight capacity concerns:
- Airfreight - We can move airfreight from all origins in China (except Wuhan), Hong Kong and South-East Asia, securing space across all carrier options despite blank sailing programmes being in place across all alliances.
- Rail - We operate an express rail solution from various origins in China to the UK:
- Both LCL and FCL
- 13-15 day transit window
- 17-19 day door to door service
- Pricing levels are at approximately 10% of the cost of current market airfreight levels
Contact us here for more information.
- Ocean - All ocean freight operations are working as normal and we are moving and servicing all origins in China / South-East Asia with the exception of Wuhan - please find out more here.
- Storage - Through our owned offices and local expertise across the UK, USA and Asia, we can offer personalised storage solutions - find out more here.
Please share this article
It only takes a couple of clicks and it would be greatly appreciated!\n\rMany Thanks