Ideally located to serve the midwest and deliver effective omnichannel supply chain management solutions, our Chicago facility also offers space for the significant container transloading activity moving further inland as a result of congestion and significant space shortage at ports. As vessels are diverted from the West Coast to avoid delays, southeast US ports are now feeling the pressure of an increase in imports, with demand for space inland expected to increase over the summer months.
Transloading and warehousing like LTL has become a growing solution to recent supply chain congestion issues as it frees up trailers and containers to reload and eases pressures on ports struggling with labor shortages and lack of space. Customers in turn have been able to reduce cost and delays to their supply chain, making use of our effective and streamlined eCommerce solutions through strategically located hubs across the USA.
As one of the world’s most connected cities due to its transport infrastructure, with more than 30% of US population a 1-day truck drive away from Chicago which leads the nation in truck transport employment, our increased warehouse and eCommerce fulfillment network in Illinois creates significant opportunity for our clients to cut time and cost.
Woodland Chicago delivers
- A quick transfer solution from air and ocean freight to domestic transport across the midwest, east and west coasts
- 40,000 sq ft of warehouse space and additional 12,000 sq ft of offices delivering full transport, eCommerce, product and equipment management solutions
- Short- and long-term storage
- eFulfillment - same day pick, pack and dispatch solutions
- Automation of orders
- Customs-bonded CFS
- Full CCTV Security
- Deliveries into all major retailers and Amazon FBA
- Racking for pallets up to 63 inches high
- Domestic & International Distribution from Parcel to Full Load
- 360 digital supply chain management including stock management, tracking and booking
- Direct integration with clients, shopping carts & carriers through our own bespoke WMS, offering access to our real time web portal to place orders, view stock, order & dispatch statuses all within one dashboard no matter what country the inventory is held in
Learn more here
UK port advisory: 8 days of strike action confirmed for Felixstowe port workers
UK port advisory: 8 days of strike action confirmed for Felixstowe port workersRead more
EXPORT ADVISORY: Onshore inspections to take place on UK and China exports as Australia enters BMSB season
Please share this article
It only takes a couple of clicks and it would be greatly appreciated!\n\rMany Thanks