UPDATED 15th March 2022
With Covid-19 cases increasing in recent weeks, the Chinese government has imposed further restrictions and lockdown measures in an attempt to curtail the spread of the virus.
Worst affected areas include the tier-one cities of Shanghai and Shenzhen:
- City under partial lockdown
- Majority of factories are closed for production, excluding those producing essential goods
- Ports are running as normal at present
- Road freight has become more challenging - Factories outside of Shanghai need to apply for special permission to load cargo destined for the city and drivers also need a negative PCR within 48 hours
- Shortage of available trucks as many drivers are not willing to wait for a test ahead of exiting Shanghai which is is now also a mandatory requirement, as this will mean they have to wait 1-2 days in the city.
- City under complete lockdown
- All residents of the city must undergo 3 mandatory nucleic acid tests between 14 - 20 March
- All offices and factories closed for this week (w/c 14th March) at least whilst testing is taking place and all non-essential flows and activities will cease
- Ports operating as normal currently
- All warehouse operations at Yantian port suspended, LCL will face major disruption
- Factories outside of Shenzhen will remain open except in other affected areas - Dongguan also placed in complete lockdown on 15th March
- Trucks from outside of the city can travel to the ports as normal provided that they can provide a negative PCR test no older than 24 hours.
- Measures will be dynamically adjusted according to Shenzhen Epidemic Prevention and Control
The cities of Xiamen, Qingdao and Tianjin are also all under partial lockdowns and although operations largely continue as normal some bookings are being cancelled.
We will keep you updated as to any further impactful changes as and when they get announced.
If you have any questions on your Asia supply chain, please contact us here.
Please share this article
It only takes a couple of clicks and it would be greatly appreciated!\n\rMany Thanks