Woodland Group accepted as participant to the UN Global Compact
We are proud to announce that Woodland Group has been accepted as a participant of the UN Global Compact, demonstrating our Group's continued commitment to responsible business action
Following the recent announcement of our Roadmap to Net-Zero 2050 in addition to the publication of our 2022 Sustainability report, and as a result of our ongoing commitment to being a sustainable and responsible company, we are pleased to announce our acceptance as a participant into the United Nations Global Compact.
The UN Global Compact is made up of a set of 10 principles focusing on human rights, labour, environment, and anti-corruption, with members committing to align their operations and services to create business for a better world. The compact is made up of over 15,000 companies across 160 countries and is the largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world.
The 10 principles of the United Nations Global Compact are:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internally proclaimed human rights; and
- make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- the effective abolition of child labour; and
- the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Woodland Group is proud to be taking this positive step towards a more sustainable future and is committed to sharing its progress with the public. Our environmental efforts will see a full Net-Zero Strategy released later this year. Stay tuned for more updates on Woodland’s journey towards net zero by joining our mailing list here.
If you would like to learn more about our sustainability commitments and KPIs, or learn how we can support yours, please reach out to our Green Team below: