IT Technician - Essex
Woodland Group is recruiting an IT Technician for one of our partner companies, Worldwide Book Services, based in Wickford, Essex. The IT Technician will be reporting to the IT Manager and working closely with the IT Team to provide IT support to all employees. The IT Technician is responsible for ensuring systems are maintained and supported to the highest standards. Ensure all support calls and requests are dealt with appropriately and in accordance with defined policies and procedures. The IT Support Technician will assist the IT Manager in delivering the strategic objectives of the Group.
Established in 2003 by professionals with a vast array of experience in the logistics and publishing sector, Worldwide Book Services provides specialist and bespoke services to the publishing industry. As one of the few privately-owned freight forwarding companies in the UK, we pride ourselves on our flexibility, reliability, and cost-effective logistical solutions. Since 2003 we have grown, developed, and expanded into an international network of offices and exclusive agencies. These enable us to provide our key activity – book and media consolidation and shipping from the main publishing export countries.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain in-house systems, user management, network infrastructure, telecommunications, desktops, and peripherals.
- Install, diagnose, repair, maintain and upgrade all hardware and equipment whilst ensuring optimal workstation performance.
- Assist all users with any IT related incidents logged on the “IT Support Desk” within the set timeframe.
- Maximise the use of hardware and software by providing training to new users.
- Upgrade different types of software and hardware as per Company guidelines.
- Support business applications.
- Maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are dealt with efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Improve existing programs by reviewing objectives and specifications.
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate; and
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- Work with the IT team to continually improve processes and business performance.
- Attend any IT related training course deemed necessary.
- Support changes in the role necessary to take the department and business forward; and
- Work to achieve personal objectives set at appraisal and/or those set monthly or quarterly.
You'll have experience as an IT Technician and system maintenance. You will need to live and breathe our core values, customer first approach, sustainability goals and able to work in a fast-moving environment with a great team of people. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
Why you will love working for us:
- A good salary
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Real career opportunities
- Team bonding opportunities
- To be part of a fast-moving exciting company with a great team of people
- And much more…