Resource Hub >Job Openings
Customs Clearance Operator - Dublin, Ireland
Woodland Group are seeking a Customs Clearance Operator for our Team in Dublin. The Customs Clearance Operator will report to and work with the Operations Manager and Operations Team supplying a high level of service to both internal staff and clients alike when completing and learning import custom’s formalities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete day to day customs clearance activities as instructed;
- Advise Manager of any areas requiring attention;
- Identify any potential problem areas before they have an adverse effect on operations;
- Develop constructive relationships with operational staff and clients where appropriate;
- Deal with all queries quickly and efficiently;
- Creating and amending ERTS manifests;
- Keep operational staff fully informed of any holds, exams or other areas which may cause delay to a shipment;
- General administrative duties for other departments when requested/time permits;
- Assist with invoicing and month end to ensure that both are completed timely;
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- Work with the operations department to continually improve processes and business performance;
- Support changes in the role necessary to take the department and business forward;
- Work to achieve personal objectives set at appraisal and/or those set monthly or quarterly.
- Achieving agreed individual objectives; and
- Understanding and adhering to all Woodland policies and procedures relevant to the role.
You'll be an experienced Customs Clearance Operator with knowledge of Customs clearance, MRN/ENS/GMR/PBN with a track record of delivery within this sector. You’ll have high levels of IT proficiency, an analytical mindset with excellent communication skills and a history of improvement of processes and systems in previous workplaces, coupled with strong commercial awareness.
Would you like to work for a company where you can make a difference, Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, we continuously challenge ourselves and our teams to innovate and adapt, provide expert solutions, and create opportunities for clients, team members, partners, and communities. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence and innovation, collaboration, agility through independence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, and our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
Why you will love working for us:
- A good salary.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Recognition awards and incentives
- Real career opportunities.
- An employer committed to sustainability.
- Team bonding opportunities.
- To be part of a fast-moving exciting company with a great team of people.
- And much more…
Hours: hybrid, shift work, alternate weeks 7am to 3.30pm and 12 to 8.30pm.
We look forward to you joining our world where WE CARE, WE CONNECT, WE DELIVER.