Resource Hub >Job Openings
Sales Executive - New York, USA
Woodland Group is recruiting a Sales Executive for our Team in Garden City, New York. Reporting directly to the US Sales Director, working closely with the Commercial and Operations team, the Sales Executive is responsible for developing new business opportunities aligned with Company strategy across all trades and Worldwide activities. All Woodland’s services to be sold, including Value Added, in line with the respective Branch/Vertical sales plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Pro-actively generate new sales and achieve maximum profitability against mutually agreed sales targets by profiling potential new prospects.
- Ensure that all sales activity is accurately reported and feedback to the Sales Director on any barriers in areas of Woodland’s focus.
- Communicate new customer requirements through agreed SOPS to ensure that all appropriate staff have access to the relevant information.
- Establish and maintain effective communication links with other business units to identify all potential sales opportunities.
- Keep accurate records by logging all sales visits on Salesforce CRM.
- Maintain awareness of company products and of relevant sales techniques to ensure that the sales role is carried out in line with Company values.
- Research and analyze internal and external market information to enable the business units to identify opportunities and develop products and services which will support business objectives;
- Ensure that presentations to customers are consistent and aligned with the Woodland brand;
- Handle all customer communication in a timely manner;
- Attend sales meetings and conferences as and when required; and
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
You're a proactive Sales Person experienced in Freight Forwarding, Shipping or the Trucking Industry. We would also like to hear from you if you are currently working in one of these industries and would like to move into a Sales focused role. You are hungry for success and at the same, time eager to learn.
Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, the Group continuously challenges itself and its teams to be innovative, quick to adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members as well as the business. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, as well as our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
For Woodland Group to achieve its mission, the following values and culture need to be developed, promoted and understood by all employees:
Easy to do business with by keeping it simple;
- Honesty and integrity;
- Passion and professionalism
- Customer first attitude;
- Investment in our people; and
Why you will love working for us:
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Recognition awards and incentives
- Real career opportunities - being part of a Global logistics provider who is expanding globally opens many opportunities
- Team bonding opportunities
- To be part of a fast-moving exciting company with a great team of people
- And much more…
We look forward to you joining our world where WE CARE, WE CONNECT, WE DELIVER.