Import Coordinator - Hayes, UK
Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, the Group continuously challenges itself and its teams to be innovative, quick to adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members as well as the business. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, as well as our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
Woodland Group are recruiting for an Import Coordinator for our site at Hayes. Reporting to and working with the Operations Manager the Import Coordinator will work closely with customers, clients and agents to ensure efficient deliveries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of the import process;
- Obtain and communicate, internally and externally, all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met;
- Liaise between Suppliers, Forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information;
- Ensure customers are fully informed of the progress of their shipments;
- Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met;
- Ensure correct documentation is on file and act accordingly as set out in the instructions;
- Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management;
- Cover the export operations when required; and
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- Work with colleagues to continually improve processes and business performance;
- Support changes in the role necessary to take the department and business forward; and
- Work to achieve personal objectives set at appraisal and/or those set monthly or quarterly
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Achieving agreed individual objectives; and
- Understanding and adhering to all Woodland policies and procedures relevant to the role.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- A good salary as demonstrated earlier in the advert
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Lunch on us monthly
- Real career opportunities - being part of a Global logistics provider who is expanding globally opens up many opportunities
- Team bonding opportunities
- To be part of a fast moving exciting company with a great team of people
- And much more…
We look forward to you joining our world where WE CARE, WE CONNECT, WE DELIVER.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent