Warehouse Supervisor - Doncaster, UK
Earn £31,500 as a Warehouse Supervisor. A Warehouse Supervisor is required for our flagship facility at Doncaster. As a Warehouse Supervisor you will earn £31,500 with Woodland Group, supervising the operation of a fast-moving environment. Responsible for the day-to-day management of people and workload within the warehouse function.
Shift: Nights 4 on 4 off 7pm-7am.
Would you like to work for a company where you can make a difference, Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, we continuously challenge ourselves and our teams to innovate and adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members, partners and communities. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence and innovation, collaboration, agility through independence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, and our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
Because of our drive for excellence in our flagship facility based at the iPort facility in Doncaster which manages the supply chain of one of our most prestigious customers, we are currently recruiting talented forklift drivers for this Doncaster Depot.
We hope this role sounds like you and you want to join the Woodland Family
Being an integral part of the business making sure our clients’ needs are met, your role would involve assisting the General Manager in maintaining the smooth operation of a fast-moving environment. Responsible for supporting the day-to-day management of people and workload within the warehouse function, this will allow your team to ensure that goods are picked, loaded, and put away on time and accurately using the warehouse management system which is SAP. You are vital in making sure stock is kept accurate, free from damage and the entire facility in a clean and tidy environment, as a business we are investing in sustainability so someone who cares about recycling and environmental procedures will be a good fit. All our equipment is modern and purchased with sustainability in mind, our forklifts are EP Lithium-ion powered machines which are regularly maintained and have all the modern safety features. We want you to be able to promote and implement our company core values making sure the teams you work with are all included. The key to success in the workplace is to work hard but have fun along the way.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the despatch, goods inwards and storage control.
- Take a hands-on approach to carrying out operational duties.
- A hands-on approach will be essential with forklift duties included
- Manage the planning and completion of orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule.
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits and optimise space utilisation.
- Ensure safe operations and adherence to HSE, environment and quality procedures always.
- Achieve the expected levels of output in a timely manner.
- Provide regular feedback to the General Manager on the performance of your shift making sure you are running an operation inline with the expected KPI’s
- Promote a team-work ethos and a ‘can-do’ approach.
- Contribute to continuous improvement programmes that drive Customer First approach
- Ensure good standards of cleanliness is maintained throughout the facility using the correct recycling bins provided
- Complete any other tasks as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
You will need to live and breathe our core values, customer first approach, sustainability goals and be able to work in a fast-moving environment with a great team of people. This role needs an innovative and agile approach to constantly implement change and improve the operation. You’ll enjoy working collaboratively with a dedicated focus on driving results. You will be resilient – accepting and learning from mistakes and building future solutions. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- A good salary as demonstrated earlier in the advert
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Lunch on us monthly
- Real career opportunities - being part of a Global logistics provider who is expanding globally opens up many opportunities
- Team bonding opportunities
- To be part of a fast moving exciting company with a great team of people
- And much more…
We look forward to you joining our world where WE CARE, WE CONNECT, WE DELIVER.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £31,500.00 per year