Warehouse Operations Supervisor - Doncaster
Days: Monday – Friday.
Woodland Group are recruiting a Warehouse Operations Supervisor for our new Warehouse at the iPort Logistics Park at Doncaster. As the Warehouse Operations Supervisor you will be responsible for assisting the General Manager in maintaining the smooth operation of a fast-moving environment.
Would you like to work for a company where you can make a difference? Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, we continuously challenge ourselves and our teams to innovate and adapt, provide expert solutions, and create opportunities for clients, team members, partners and communities. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence and innovation, collaboration, and agility through independence. We are proud to provide opportunities to learn and develop through our diversity and relationship building, and our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
Because of our drive for excellence in our flagship facility based at the iPort facility in Doncaster, which manages the supply chain of one of our most prestigious customers, we are currently recruiting a talented Warehouse Operations Supervisor.
We hope this role sounds like you and you want to join the Woodland Family.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Using inhouse data creates plans to increase accuracy & improve efficiency.
- Maintain the warehouse administration, stock accuracy & order picking tasks.
- Manage your staff, build teams, train employees, and monitor operational performance.
- Communicate & interact with customers, suppliers & colleagues in other Woodland depots & offices.
- Oversee the receiving, storage & dispatch operations.
- Meeting regularly with warehouse leads to assess, analyse, and develop actionable plans for loss prevention and productivity.
- Make sure the MHE used in the warehouse is fully maintained in accordance with company policy.
- In Date Forklift & Reach Truck Licences are essential.
- Ensure safe operations and adherence to HSE, environment and quality procedures always.
- Provide regular feedback to the General Manager on the performance of your teams making sure you are running an operation inline with the expected KPI’s.
- Promote a team-work ethos and a ‘can-do’ approach.
- Ensure good standards of cleanliness are maintained throughout the facility using the correct recycling bins provided.
- Complete any other tasks as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
You will need to live and breathe our core values, customer first approach, sustainability goals and be able to work in a fast-moving environment with a great team of people. This role needs an innovative and agile approach to constantly implement change and improve the operation. You’ll enjoy working collaboratively with a dedicated focus on driving results. You will be resilient – accepting and learning from mistakes and building future solutions. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
Why you will love working for us
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Real career opportunities - being part of a Global logistics provider who is expanding globally opens up many opportunities
- Team bonding opportunities
- To be part of a fast-moving exciting company with a great team of people
- And much more…
We look forward to you joining our world where WE CARE, WE CONNECT, WE DELIVER.