Key Account Manager - Doncaster, UK
Woodland Group is recruiting a Key Account Manager for our flagship site in Doncaster. The Key Account Manager will work as the first point of contact for our prestigious clients and will resolve any issues to do with receiving, storing and shipping of their goods.
Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, the Group continuously challenges itself and its teams to be innovative, quick to adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members as well as the business. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, as well as our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
About the job:
- Use the most appropriate method of communication when being the first point of contact for key customers;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key customers to develop more business opportunities;
- Communicate with customers to obtain information to ensure correct measures are in place and all customer needs are met;
- Liaise with customers to ensure all documents are received within the designated time frame;
- Pro-actively place calls with customers, assisting them with any problems they may have providing advice on all ETA’s, expected deliveries and any other requirements they may require in a professional manner;
- Be a focal point for all queries from Key Account Customers; and
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- Ensure all reports and KPIs are sent to the Customer in the timeline agreed on their SLA
- Ensure all deadlines are met in line with the SLA.
- Arrange monthly and quarterly reviews with the Customer in line with criteria requested by the Customer.
- Work with the operations team to continually improve processes and business performance;
- Support changes in the role necessary to take the department and business forward; and
- Work to achieve personal objectives set at appraisal and/or those set monthly or quarterly.
You'll be experienced in Account Management. You will need to live and breathe our core values, customer first approach, sustainability goals and be able to work in a fast-moving environment with a great team of people. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
Why you will love working for us:
- A good salary
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Real career opportunities - being part of a Global logistics provider who is expanding globally opens many opportunities
- Team bonding opportunities
The ideal candidate is a passionate, self-motivated, and detail-oriented team player who is committed to the success of our customers. You will focus on growing and developing existing clients, as well as generating new business by identifying, implementing and executing new strategies.
- 3+ years' of relevant work experience
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills