HR/Payroll Administrator - Chelmsford, UK
Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, the Group continuously challenges itself and its teams to be innovative, quick to adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members as well as the business. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, as well as our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
Woodland Group are recruiting a Payroll/HR Administrator to provide payroll administration support across the Group. Based in our Head Office in Chelmsford with a blend of home and office-based working, the Payroll/HR Administrator will work closely with the Payroll Officer and HR Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Confirming that all new hires and terminations are entered on to Payroll system with HR.
- Checking that all managers have approved the timecards for Non-Exempt Employees.
- Checking the accuracy of timecards for Non-Exempt employees, to ensure that recorded hours are within expected and reasonable parameters.
- Checking adjustments for Holidays, Paid Time Off and Overtime.
- Liaising with managers, should there be any discrepancies.
- Running ad-hoc, off-cycle payroll, should the need arise.
- Liaising with Paychex Payroll Representative.
- Producing the payroll journal, comparing it to the cash requirements report and forwarding to Senior Management for approval prior to submitting.
- Producing reports from the payroll website; and
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
You'll have previous payroll experience. You’re a great communicator, you are organised, proactive, methodical, and thorough, with a great eye for detail. You actively seek ways to enhance your knowledge and improve your performance.
You have lots of great ideas and the initiative to put them forward, and where possible, into practice.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- A good salary as demonstrated earlier in the advert
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Lunch on us monthly
- Real career opportunities - being part of a Global logistics provider who is expanding globally opens up many opportunities
- Team bonding opportunities
- To be part of a fast moving exciting company with a great team of people
- And much more…
We look forward to you joining our world where WE CARE, WE CONNECT, WE DELIVER.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent