Counterbalance Forklift Drivers - Doncaster, UK
Counterbalance Forklift Drivers required for our flagship facility at Doncaster. As a Counterbalance Forklift driver, you will earn £29,565 with Woodland Group, driving our modern EP Lithium-ion Forklift Trucks as a Warehouse Operative on our talented Forklift team.
Shift: Nights, 4 on 4 off 7pm-7am.
Would you like to work for a company where you can make a difference? Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, we continuously challenge ourselves and our teams to innovate and adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members, partners and communities. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence and innovation, collaboration, agility through independence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, and our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
In our flagship facility based at the iPort facility in Doncaster, which manages the supply chain of one of our most prestigious customers, we are currently recruiting talented forklift drivers for this Doncaster Depot.
We hope this role sounds like you and you want to join the Woodland Family.
Being one of our talented forklift drivers will require you to handle 3m high pallets which can be stacked 2 high, and when using the double handler will mean you are moving 4 pallets at a time. Our forklift drivers will work with the shift supervisors and ensure that goods are picked, loaded, and put away on time and accurately using the warehouse management system SAP. The forklift drivers will be vital in making sure stock is kept accurate, free from damage and the entire facility in a clean and tidy environment. As a business we are investing in sustainability so someone who cares about recycling and environmental procedures will be a good fit. All our forklifts are modern EP Lithium-ion powered machines which are regularly maintained and have all the modern safety features. We want you to be able to promote and implement our company core values making sure the teams you work with are all included. The key to success in the workplace is to work hard but have fun along the way.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Driving a Forklift (Counterbalance or Aisle Master) Truck transporting goods around the warehouse;
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule including but not limited to loading, packing, wrapping and labelling;
- Use of a Pump Truck to load and unload stock
- Receive and process warehouse stock products including but not limited to picking, unloading, labelling and storing;
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits and optimise space utilisation;
- Ensure safe operations and adherence to HSE, environment and quality procedures at all times;
- Achieve the expected levels of output in a timely manner;
- Provide regular feedback to the Warehouse Supervisors and Warehouse Manager on your shift making sure you address any areas of concern effectively to ensure a consistently good operation;
- Promote a team-work ethos and a ‘can-do’ approach;
- Contribute to continuous improvement programmes that drive Customer First approach
- Ensure good standards of cleanliness is maintained throughout the facility using the correct recycling bins provided
- Complete any other tasks as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
You will need to live and breathe our core values, customer first approach, sustainability goals and be able to work in a fast-moving environment with a great team of people. This role needs an innovative and agile approach to constantly implement change and improve the operation. You’ll enjoy working collaboratively with a dedicated focus on driving results. You will be resilient – accepting and learning from mistakes and building future solutions. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- A good salary as demonstrated earlier in the advert
- Generous holiday allowance
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Lunch on us monthly
- Real career opportunities - being part of a Global logistics provider who is expanding globally opens up many opportunities
- Team bonding opportunities
- To be part of a fast-moving exciting company with a great team of people
- And much more…
We look forward to you joining our world where WE CARE, WE CONNECT, WE DELIVER.