SignificantSavings in supply chain logistics and staffing levels
Their business has a network of more than 100 manufacturing, technical research and customer service sites in more than 27 countries, plus a global workforce of 16,500 people.
Before working with Woodland Group, the client organised their supply chain logistics from several individual divisions based across 14 European sites. This led to fragmented and disparate processes. They needed to centralise processes, so employees could focus on their core activities.
To manage this, they needed a partner with expertise in chemical freight management, especially high value specialty bulk shipments. We are a freight forwarding supplier with 30 years’ experience in the chemical industry sector – so they approached us.
How we delivered
We offer expert personalised solutions to help your business succeed. We delivered the following services to help this client's growth.
They also surveyed management reporting and anticipated future needs, including Customs management.
After analysing and developing best practice solutions with the client, we set up and operated a centralised, dedicated team of experienced chemical logistics staff. This team was based at a strategic Woodland Group site.
We ensured interconnectivity between the client’s SAP system and Woodland Group’s in-house systems. In addition, we set up a compliance team to provide the client with regular updates on regulatory issues.
We also delivered training to client’s employees working around Europe − continuously updating them on logistics sales terms and requirements. Not least, we created an electronic banking system to enable the easy flow, control and management of Letters of Credit and direct collections.
The shipping department we set up for them:
- Checks on SAP shipping advice whether part or complete order.
- Monitors all Letter of Credit compliance issues.
- Progress-chases order readiness with European plants.
- Notifies customs and clients regarding orders.
- Updates SAP system with details of order.
- Arranges all logistics movements – by air, sea and road.
- Completes all documentation: Bills of Landing, invoices, Certificates of Origin, Certificates of Analysis, Packing Lists etc.
- Distributes documents to overseas customers either direct or via banking system.
- Continually updates SAP until arrival with customer, using track and trace systems.
- Provides 24/7/365 emergency response to incidents and issues.
After outsourcing their supply chain logistics to us, our client’s staff were released from time-consuming administration duties. This enabled them to concentrate on core activities and functions. Ultimately, we helped them to make significant savings in supply chain logistics and staffing levels.
- Enabled substantial savings on their Customs management process, on one site, in a year.
- Potential to make further savings on other sites.
- Streamlined processes.
- Increased control and visibility of management information.