Following the announcement by the Communication Workers' Union, 115,000 Royal Mail postal workers will strike for the first time in 13 years after a breakdown in talks relating to pay and conditions.
The strikes are penned to take place on Friday, 26th and Wednesday, 31st August as well as Thursday, 8th and Friday, 9th September.
However, the use of Woodland's multi-carrier technology will ensure that no final mile disruption is felt for customers using the Woodland fulfilment business during strikes, or any other time when challenges such as peak season capacity issues occur. With the click of a button Woodland are able to turn off a failing service and move your freight to an alternative provider with the capacity to handle the volume.
Woodland has designed its technology in such a way that means there is always a solution regardless of the type of disruption.
In these uncertain times it may be helpful to review end-to-end supply chain needs to see what Woodland Group can do for you.
Some of our services include:
- 1M+ dedicated warehouse space across the UK, USA and Europe
- Green warehousing options powered by renewable energy and entirely packaging-free
- National and international direct mailing service
- Best in class domestic and other global postage solutions
- E-commerce integration with all major shopping carts and online retailers
- Receipt and processing of files on a state of the art, owned and developed WMS
- Real-time stock reporting, synergising stock with other services, online portals
- 24/7 instant access to full supply chain ecosystem
- Global returns management solutions
- Carbon-conscious fulfilment and distribution alternatives
If you have any immediate concerns regarding your UK supply chain, please contact the team here.
Thousands affected as rescue operations continue following devastating Turkey - Syria earthquake
Thousands affected as rescue operations continue following devastating Turkey - Syria earthquakeRead more
UK Customs: CHIEF to CDS key dates
UK Customs: CHIEF to CDS key datesRead more
Please share this article
It only takes a couple of clicks and it would be greatly appreciated!\n\rMany Thanks