Customer Advisory: Brown Marmorated Stink Bug – Season 2020-2021
With the 2020/2021 Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (BMSB) season starting in both Australia and New Zealand on 1st September, the Australian Department of Agriculture has introduced seasonal import measures to manage any related possible risk.
The measures apply to goods shipped from 1 September 2020 that arrive in Australian territory by 31 May 2021 (inclusive). Goods shipped between 1 September 2020 and 30 April 2021 need to be treated and will be referred for intervention if they arrive by 31 May 2021 (inclusive) - please read more here.
In summary, the following will apply:
- Target High Risk Goods originating from the following countries will be subject to treatment. As per the last BMSB season, there is a possibility of delays which could lead to supplementary costs being incurred at the place of origin or upon arrival into Australia
- In addition to the target risk countries, additional countries have been identified as emerging risk and may be selected for random onshore inspection
- Target High Risk Goods shipped via Open Top, Flat Rack, Break Bulk and Ro-Ro must be treated offshore
- Deconsolidation and treatment onshore for “hubbed” (consolidated at trans-shipment port) goods moved via a non-risk country at LCL level will no longer be permitted. We encourage you to consider Air or FCL modes of transport to counter this new regulation
- The three forms of treatment are:
- Heat treatment
- Methyl bromide fumigation
- Sulfuryl flouride fumigation
If any of the commodities you import cannot be exposed to the above three treatment methods or you have questions or concerns, please contact your Woodland Group representative as a matter of urgency.
ZA truckers advised to stay off the roads ahead of national shutdown
ZA truckers advised to stay off the roads ahead of national shutdownRead more
Woodland Group is selected to join the Twig Logistics Network to support growth of Latin American services
Woodland Group is selected to join the Twig Logistics Network to support growth of Latin American servicesRead more