- Slow productivity at the destination ports due to Covid-19 measures, resulting in slow container off loads and some vessels cutting and running before full offload in order to maintain schedules
- Additional industry wide congestion at the Port of Felixstowe, UK, resulting in disrupted vessel operations (discharging and loading) and reduced haulage availability, as well as disruptions to landside movements with import containers missing planned connections by rail and truck on and off the terminal.
- Delays in container haulage availability due to hauliers reducing their fleet sizes as a result of Covid-19, combined with peaking volumes
The situation is predicted to continue throughout the upcoming 'Golden Week' national holiday and beyond until the end of October.
In order to minimise the impact of the pressures seen both within Asia and the UK, Woodland have a proactive carrier space management programme, own vehicle container and distribution networks in place and our own container unloading and storage facilities in Chelmsford, Coventry, Manchester and Leeds. All of this means that Woodland can provide you with a secure and disruption free supply chain.
To further enhance this and if you are looking to book any Asia ocean services, please be reminded to book well in advance of sailings and share your container forecasts where possible to aid in securing space and to minimise delays and disruption.
In addition to our well-known Asia ocean solutions, we also provide the following alternative solutions:
OUR EXPRESS RAIL SOLUTION
- Both LCL and FCL
- 13-15 day transit window
- 17-19 day door to door service
- Pricing levels are at approximately 10% of the cost of current market airfreight levels
OUR AIRFREIGHT SOLUTIONS
UK port advisory: 8 days of strike action confirmed for Felixstowe port workers
UK port advisory: 8 days of strike action confirmed for Felixstowe port workersRead more
EXPORT ADVISORY: Onshore inspections to take place on UK and China exports as Australia enters BMSB season
Please share this article
It only takes a couple of clicks and it would be greatly appreciated!\n\rMany Thanks