Please see an update on the initial CHIEF to CDS advisory below:
Due to difficulties in the CDS registration process, HMRC has made the decision to offer temporary extensions, upon request, to continue the use of CHIEF beyond the September 30th deadline.
To benefit from the short easement, customs agents or traders completing their own declarations must have attempted to migrate from CHIEF to CDS and been unable to successfully do so, they must also provide a clear business reason for the switch not taking place. If a business does not meet this criteria then it will still face the deadline of September 30th, 2022.
Woodland Group are fully CDS compliant, and are able to guide businesses in the preparation of the CHIEF to CDS switch. If you use a 3rd party customs agent that is not CDS-ready, Woodland Group can help with your customs declarations using the new platform.
- Import declarations need to be made using the Customs Declaration Service from October 1st, 2022.
- If you know you can’t be ready for that date, Woodland Group is fully CDS compliant and can help those who need to prepare.
- If you are unable to use CDS for your import declarations or use a customs agent, HMRC are allowing CHIEF badge holders to seek permission for a short extension to use CHIEF beyond September 30th, if you have a clear business reason. Please contact Woodland Group here for more information.
- A limited group of declarants are unable to fully migrate their imports so can continue to use CHIEF for imports without having to apply for continued use. The HMRC will contact these declarants directly.
- If you continue to use CHIEF from October 1st, 2022, without permission, HMRC reserves the right to remove your access.
Contact us here:
Please remember, customs compliance obligations live long after your goods have been customs cleared. Contact our dedicated customs brokerage team here
Please share this article
It only takes a couple of clicks and it would be greatly appreciated!\n\rMany Thanks