Warehouse Operatives - Chelmsford
POSITION TITLE: Warehouse Operative
DEPARTMENT: Global Warehouse
REPORTING TO: Warehouse Manager
MAIN WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Reporting to Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Operative will also work closely with the team.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Ensure the consistently effective operation of the warehouse, including adherence to all related legislation, health and safety regulations and Company and customer set policies, procedures and instructions and ensuring excellent customer service levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule including but not limited to loading, packing, wrapping and labelling;
- Receive and process warehouse stock products including but not limited to picking, unloading, labelling and storing;
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits and optimise space utilisation;
- Ensure safe operations and adherence to HSE, environment and quality procedures at all times;
- Achieve the expected levels of output in a timely manner and at minimum cost;
- Actively promote the use of the FCL Dash Board and other IT initiatives;
- Provide regular feedback to the Warehouse Supervisors and Warehouse Manager on output issues and address any areas of concern effectively to ensure a consistently good operation;
- Promote a team-work ethos and a ‘can-do’ approach;
- Communicate effectively with the Warehouse Supervisors, Warehouse Administration, Warehouse Management and the transport team, to create strong professional relationships and to maximise the success of the operation;
- Understand the role of the Warehouse Supervisors. Assume the duties and responsibilities of the Warehouse Supervisors as required in the absence of the Warehouse Supervisor as directed by the Warehouse Manager; and
- Complete any other tasks as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- Work with the Warehouse team to continually improve processes and business performance;
- Support changes in the role necessary to take the department and business forward; and
- Work to achieve personal objectives set at appraisal and/or those set monthly or quarterly.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Achieving agreed individual objectives; and
- Understanding and adhering to all Woodland policies and procedures relevant to the role.