Transport Planner - Dewsbury, UK
Woodland Group are recruiting a Transport Planner to join our team at Dewsbury.
The Transport Planner will report to the Transport Manager and work closely with the Operations and Warehouse teams to plan, direct and control the activities of the transport fleet including sub-contractors to optimise cost-effectiveness and use of resources. The Transport Planner must provide a high-quality service to both internal and external customers.
Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, the Group continuously challenges itself and its teams to be innovative, quick to adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members as well as the business. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, as well as our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently produce optimum vehicle, work and route allocation in terms of timings and cost. Ensure the fair and legally compliant distribution of driver work and complete the drivers debrief process correctly;
- Liaise with account executives, customers and associate companies as required, to ensure that deliveries and collections are organised and conducted in line with customer requirement;
- Actively seek to understand customer operational requirements and identify any service or delivery concerns or failures;
- Ensure delivery issues are fully communicated to operational teams and resolved timely;
- Ensure that we are fully compliant with both driver and vehicle statutory and legislative requirements
- Assist in the development of the Company’s transport strategy to maximise profitability and return on investment;
- Work with all other transport teams throughout the Company to support their work requirements as needed and maximise internal revenue wherever possible;
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- Van driving duties as required including nights out.
- Yard shunting when required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent