Transport Assistant - Rotherham
Woodland Logistics are currently recruiting for a Transport Assistant to come and work at our site in Rotherham. The successful candidate will work closely with the transport and warehouse teams.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm with a one-hour lunch break.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the administrative requirements of both the Company and the customers in accordance with the commercial service agreement, Company policy and procedure and all relevant legislation;
- Ensure effective practices and processes are in place to meet these requirements;
- Input data to assist in the maintenance of accurate, orderly and legally compliant records in areas including but not limited to; vehicle servicing, training and refresher training requirements, vehicle defects, tyre tread, vehicle wash and holiday & absence;
- Collect and input data to assist in the maintenance of operational reports;
- Assist with the authorisation and processing procedures for purchase orders, POD’s and invoices;
- Assist the transport team as requested in general transport duties e.g. liaising with the customer and other clients regarding the operation;
- Assist the transport team as requested in general driver management e.g. issuing work, dealing with general queries and conducting de-briefs;
- Develop a clear understanding of the operation and all related legislation;
- Build and maintain good professional relationships with the transport team, the driver fleet and key customer and supplier contacts;
- Understand and consistently promote Company policy and procedure;
- Work on ad-hoc and contract specific projects as required by the Contract Manager; and
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org