Shipping Administrator - Manchester
Woodland Group are recruiting a Shipping Administrator to join our team in Manchester. Reporting to the Ocean Import Supervisor and working closely with the Operations team, the Shipping Administrator acts as a support for the operational team. The position will require liaising with internal colleagues, external offices for the Woodland Global division, overseas agents and, customers.
Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, the Group continuously challenges itself and its teams to be innovative, quick to adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members as well as the business. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, as well as our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Load and create job files in operational software;
- Check, reference and finalise shipping documents in existing files;
- Communicate effectively with internal colleagues and overseas offices to progress files accordingly;
- Transfer electronic bookings (EDIFACT) messages into relevant file format;
- Send documents or arrival information to customers;
- Assist with purchase cost matching:
- Maintain the highest standard of data integrity within operational software and Microsoft Excel:
- Provide best in class customer service: and
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
Candidates should have excellent administration and organisational skills, ideally with logistics or supply chain experience or knowledge. A 'can do' attitude is key and you'll be a strong team player with a good work ethic.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent