Import Coordinator - Chelmsford
Woodland Group are recruiting an Import Coordinator to join our Americas Team in Chelmsford. Reporting to and working with the Operations Supervisor the Import Coordinator will work closely with customers, clients and agents to ensure efficient deliveries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use the most appropriate method of communication when being the first point of contact for all customers;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with customers to develop more business opportunities;
- Communicate with customers to obtain information to ensure correct measures are in place and all customer needs are met;
- Liaise with customers and the Customs Department to ensure all documents are received within the designated time frame;
- Coordinate with overseas agents/partners to effectively monitor progress of customer orders and update the customer accordingly;
- Support the Sales team by handling, processing and following up rate quotations within timescales set by Management;
- Pro-actively place calls with customers, assisting them with any problems they may have providing advice on all ETA’s, vessel details, expected deliveries and any other requirements they may require in a professional manner;
- Obtain and communicate, internally and externally, all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met;
- Liaise between suppliers, forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information;
- Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met;
- Ensure correct documentation is on file and act accordingly as set out in the instructions;
- Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management;
- Cover the import customer service / operations when required; and
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, the Group continuously challenges itself and its teams to be innovative, quick to adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members as well as the business. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, as well as our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
Why you'll love working for us:
At Woodland Group, our people are our success story. You will facilitate an understanding of and empower your team to engage and take ownership of our values and culture, and drive ideas to support our work in continuously improving and developing as a business and space for our teams.
You identify with our core values:
- Transparency and Integrity
- Easy to do business with
- Excellence and expertise
- Agility and Innovation
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent