Customer Service Coordinator - Hayes
Woodland Group are recruiting 2 Customer Service Coordinators for our Hayes office working 4 on 4 off, 7am - 7pm.
Reporting to the Import Manager and working closely with the Operations team. The Customer Service Coordinator acts as first point of contact for the customer and resolves any problems or concerns with the receiving, storing and shipping of goods.
Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, the Group continuously challenges itself and its teams to be innovative, quick to adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members as well as the business. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, as well as our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
- Use the most appropriate method of communication (telephone, e-mail, fax and letters) when being the first point of contact for all customers;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key customers to develop more business opportunities;
- Communicate with customers to obtain information to ensure correct measures are in place and all customer needs are met;
- Liaise with customers to ensure all documents are received within the designated time frame in order to process customs clearance;
- Assis with the preparation of quotes as required, in a timely manner, as designated by Company policy;
- Cost jobs in line with Company policy in order to ensure each job is profitable;
- Coordinate with overseas agents/partners to effectively monitor progress of customer orders and update the customer accordingly;
- Support the Sales team by handling, processing and following up rate quotations within timescales set by Management;
- Pro-actively place calls with customers, assisting them with any problems they may have providing advice on all ETA’s, vessel details, expected deliveries and any other requirements they may require in a professional manner;
- Be a focal point for all queries from Key Account Customers; and
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
Candidates should have strong working knowledge of the import and export process, ideally within Air Freight and have exceptional customer service skills to be successful in this role.