Contract Manager - Birkenhead
Woodland Group have an exciting new opportunity for a Contract Manager to be based in Birkenhead.
MAIN WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Contract Manager will report to the Operations Manager and work closely with the Transport team.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To Successfully manage the operation to achieve optimum operational and financial performance, consistent customer satisfaction and good employee engagement, within the boundaries of all related Company and customer policy and procedure, legislation and health and safety regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and fully utilise Woodland Logistics operating systems and communication devices, ensuring that all reporting staff are using the systems and devices correctly and in full, to the benefit of the operation;
- Ensure correct measures are in place for optimal management of all work within the transport team, driver fleet and within any other area of responsibility, consistently meeting customer requirements;
- Ensure appropriate controls and procedures are in place to effectively and efficiently manage service delivery concerns and failures, effectively protecting the Company/customer relationship;
- Promote a ‘customer first’ approach. Understand customer requirements and quality standards, ensuring the correct procedures are in place to recognise and meet these, exceeding expectations wherever possible. Engage with customers to help ensure maximum operational satisfaction;
- Ensure appropriate measures are in place to maintain all equipment and machinery, including but not limited to Company vehicles and manual handling equipment, as legally compliant and in good working order;
- Ensure the effective micro-management of all variable costs including, but not limited to, vehicle and trailer tyre costs, drivers hours and expenses, vehicle and equipment damage, insurance and fuel;
- Control KPI reports, budget reports and any other report as required by senior management;
- Ensure cross-trading with other Company operations wherever possible to maximise in-house efficiency and profit;
- Ensure efficient management of supplier usage including, but not limited to, ensuring continued cost effectiveness, the appropriate control of expenditure, excellence in service and correct in-house cost authorisation and purchase ordering;
- Exercise good leadership and people management skills to maximise job performance and engagement;
- Effectively and professionally manage performance and capability concerns;
- Ensure reporting staff are appropriately trained to legally and professionally fulfil the requirements of their role;
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of all legislation that is relevant to the transport industry and work in accordance with this;
- Understand the Operating Licence obligations and ensure that appropriate controls and procedures are enforced within your remit of responsibility to meet these;
- Promote and adhere to Company policy and procedure and legislation, including but not limited to, that relating to health and safety; and
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
For more information or to apply, please get in touch with HR@woodlandgroup.com or call the HR team on 01245 619870