Resource Hub >Job Openings
Stock and Planning Coordinator, Doncaster, UK
Woodland Group is recruiting two Stock and Planning Coordinators. The Stock and Planning Coordinator will reporting to the Stock & Planning Manager and working closely with the warehouse and internal / external customers. This role is to fulfil the needs of one of our client's at our Fulfilment centre of excellence at the iPort in Doncaster. The position covers managing communication with the customer, maintenance of the SAP system to ensure orders are fulfilled and planning of production to meet customer needs. In addition to this, the position is required to be the main point of contact for the customer, controlling lines of communication and establishing the relationship via regular contact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that stock is in the correct place at the right time to complete orders.
- Processing orders, stock maintenance and reporting in SAP system.
- Accurately storing and recording stock information
- Monitoring discrepancies and investigating identified stock problems
- Management of movement of support stock within the UK and into the UK from outside of the EU.
- Providing comprehensive feedback on customer queries for all stock issues raised
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Contributing to the continuous improvement programmes that drive Customer First approach
- Supporting projects where required
- Performing any additional duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Regularly evaluating and refining processes and workflows in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness, while reducing waste and redundancy.
- Actively participating in team-based improvement initiatives and cross-functional projects aimed at process optimization.
- Emphasizing a culture of continuous learning and development, fostering an environment of proactive self-improvement, and encouraging team members to improve their skills and knowledge.
- Engaging with customers and colleagues to understand their needs, expectations, and pain points, and utilizing this feedback to drive improvements to systems, processes, and service levels.
- Applying problem-solving techniques and methodologies, such as root cause analysis and lean principles, to address systemic issues and improve operational effectiveness.
- Collaborating with other departments to coordinate and streamline cross-functional processes, eliminating silos and enhancing collaboration.
- Ensuring that all improvements align with the organization's strategic objectives, regulatory requirements, and customer needs.
- Incorporating sustainability considerations into improvement projects, reducing environmental impact, and enhancing the organization's sustainability credentials.
- Strong technical skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong eye for detail as product codes can be similar by digit.
- SAP knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
You will need to live and breathe our core values, customer first approach, sustainability goals and able to work in a fast moving environment with a great team of people. This role needs an innovative and agile approach to constantly implement change and improve the operation. You’ll enjoy working collaboratively with a dedicated focus on driving results. You will be resilient – accepting and learning from mistakes and building future solutions. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
Would you like to work for a company where you can make a difference? Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, we continuously challenge ourselves and our teams to innovate and adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members, partners and communities. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence and innovation, collaboration, agility through independence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, and our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
Why you will love working for us:
- A good salary as demonstrated earlier in the advert
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Lunch on us monthly
- Real career opportunities - being part of a Global logistics provider who is expanding globally opens up many opportunities
- Team bonding opportunities
- To be part of a fast moving exciting company with a great team of people
- And much more…
Shifts: Days 4 on 4 off, 7am-7pm
We look forward to you joining our world where WE CARE, WE CONNECT, WE DELIVER.