Resource Hub >Job Openings
Woodland Group are recruiting a Pricing Specialist for our team in Dublin. The Pricing Specialist will report to the Inside Sales Team Supervisor and will work closely with the Sales, Operational and Digital teams to provide competitive pricing and consistent responses to Woodland Ireland clients, offices & partners.
Woodland Group are recruiting a Pricing Specialist for our team in Dublin. The Pricing Specialist will report to the Inside Sales Team Supervisor and will work closely with the Sales, Operational and Digital teams to provide competitive pricing and consistent responses to Woodland Ireland clients, offices & partners. The Pricing Specialist will also work closely with Sales Team and customers to analyse unsuccessful quotes and review with Team Supervisor and provide general support of Woodland Ireland Sales Team to develop business for all products.
Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, the Group continuously challenges itself and its teams to be innovative, quick to adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members as well as the business. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, as well as our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing:
• Work with Sales Team and Customers by providing quick, accurate and consistent responses to rate requests.
• Main point of contact for all Ireland customer rate quotes.
• Procurement of rates with suppliers.
• Communicate all spot rate quotes via Woodland System and Pricing Tools.
• Reach out to clients for feedback.
• Work closely with sales team and team supervisor to review unsuccessful quotes and discuss strategy to improve conversions.
• Working with tech and digital teams to facilitate new requirements and improvements.
• Working with operational teams to provide feedback and ensure best practice.
• Establish and maintain effective communication links with other business units to identify all potential sales opportunities.
• Ensure that all sales activity is accurately reported within Salesforce.
• Maintain awareness of company products and of relevant sales techniques in line with Company values.
• Collaborate with sales & marketing teams to facilitate sales & marketing campaigns.
• Handle all customer communication in a timely manner.
• Develop, update & maintain pricing tools to effectively respond to changing market needs and trends.
• Manage & monitor all contract pricing.
• Attend sales meetings and conferences as and when required and any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
• To assist other team members as and when required and instructed by management.
• Work with the Sales team to continually improve processes and business performance.
• Support changes in the role necessary to take the department and business forward; and
• Work to achieve personal objectives set at appraisal and/or those set monthly or quarterly.
• Achieve agreed individual objectives set at 1-2-1s.
• Achievement of agreed rate quote targets per month and conversion rates of quotes.
• Understand and adhere to all Woodland policies and procedures relevant to the role.
• Experienced in quoting Sea freight – LCL & FCL.
• Experienced in quoting Airfreight.
• Experienced in quoting Road & Rail.
• Experienced in warehousing & Fulfilment.
• Able to work to and meet deadlines.
• Able to organize and prioritize work, to ensure that deadlines are met.
• High attention to detail.
• Good communication skills, especially when delivering information to customers.
• Good decision-making skills.
• Possess team player qualities.
(Experience in quoting Sea & Air is desirable, experience in quoting all modes is an advantage)
· Operational knowledge in Sea and/or Air is an advantage.
You will need to live and breathe our core values, customer first approach, sustainability goals and able to work in a fast-moving environment with a great team of people. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
Ideally, you'll have a Sales background experienced in successfully identifying new prospects in the area of global Air & Ocean business development.
Why you will love working for us:
• A good salary.
• Generous holiday allowance.
• Recognition awards and Incentives.
• Real career opportunities - being part of a Global logistics provider who is expanding globally opens many opportunities.
• Team bonding opportunities.
• To be part of a fast-moving exciting company with a great team of people.
• And much more…
We look forward to you joining our world where WE CARE, WE CONNECT, WE DELIVER.