Resource Hub >Job Openings
Ocean Import Coordinator - Manchester, UK
Are you working in Ocean Imports and looking for a new challenge or perhaps a company who could offer you career progression, or the much-needed flexibility of a combination of home and office-based working.
Woodland Group is recruiting an Ocean Import Coordinator for our team in Manchester to work closely with customers, clients and agents to ensure efficient deliveries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of the import process;
- Obtain and communicate, internally and externally, all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met;
- Liaise between Suppliers, Forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information;
- Ensure customers are fully informed of the progress of their shipments;
- Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met;
- Ensure correct documentation is on file and act accordingly as set out in the instructions;
- Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management;
- Cover the export operations when required; and
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- Work with the operations team to continually improve processes and business performance;
- Support changes in the role necessary to take the department and business forward; and
- Work to achieve personal objectives set at appraisal and/or those set monthly or quarterly.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Achieving agreed individual objectives; and
- Understanding and adhering to all Woodland policies and procedures relevant to the role.
- You have great communication skills both verbal and written, with great customer service skills;
- You have 2-3 years experience in full cycle Ocean Import;
- You are well organised, prioritising and working within key deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- You have the ability to work thoroughly, methodically with an excellent attention to detail;
- You can work collaboratively with other members of the team as well as key stakeholders across the group;
- You have the natural ability and enjoy building and maintaining strong working relationships;
- You excel with a team environment as well as being able to work autonomously when required;
- You are flexible, adaptable, and open minded and respond well to the ever-changing priorities and challenges while remaining calm and focussed on getting the job done;
- You are proactive looking at ways to improve processes and have the initiative to put them forward and where possible into practice;
- You actively seek ways to enhance your knowledge and improve your performance; and
- You are self-motivated, have huge drive and ambition – you thrive off achieving great success and helping to build a great place to work!
- If you have fantastic communication skills, and want to be a part of small team of industry experts, then please apply!
Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, the Group continuously challenges itself and its teams to be innovative, quick to adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members as well as the business. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, as well as our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
Why you will love working for us:
- A good salary
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Real career opportunities
- An employer committed to sustainability
- Team bonding opportunities
- To be part of a fast-moving exciting company with a great team of people
- And much more…
We look forward to you joining our world where WE CARE, WE CONNECT, WE DELIVER.