Resource Hub >Job Openings
Night Transport Supervisor - Rotherham
Woodland Logistics are recruiting a Nights Transport Supervisor for our team at Rotherham. The Transport Supervisor will report to the Transport Manager and work closely with the entire Transport team based around the UK. Under the guidance and direction of the Operations Manager and whilst based at a remote customer site, the Transport Supervisor will be a key member of the transport team, actively involved in the day-today operation to ensure an effective and efficient transport function which fulfils the requirements of the customer.
Woodland Logistics are recruiting a Nights Transport Supervisor for our team at Rotherham.
Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, the Group continuously challenges itself and its teams to be innovative, quick to adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members as well as the business. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, as well as our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing:
• Understand and fully utilise Woodland Logistics operating systems to the benefit of the operation;
• Ensure the successful management and communication of work allocation at the remote site;
• Assist the central transport team with contract-wide operational matters as requirement by management and deal appropriately with ad-hoc transport requests or issues received;
• Develop a network of national transport services to ensure services are delivered cost effectively;
• Work with management and the transport team to ensure that any service delivery concerns or failures are identified and addressed as most appropriate;
• Liaise with account executives, customers and associate companies as required, to ensure that deliveries and collections are organised and conducted in line with customer requirement;
• Understand customer operational requirements and ensure that the correct procedures are in place at the remote site in order to meet these, exceeding expectations wherever possible.
• Work with management to ensure the remote site needs are consistently met by the central transport management team;
• Engage with the customers as appropriate and as required by management to ensure maximum operational satisfaction and performance;
• Ensure consistently effective communication with management and the transport team in all matters, in order to promote a successful operation;
• Ensure correct PDA use by reporting drivers, including status reporting and signature capture reporting;
• Ensure the successful management of driver daily work flow and the daily driver debrief process;
• Ensure correct maintenance of operational reports as required by management;
• Ensure that all transport documentation is managed and stored in an accurate, orderly and legally compliant manner;
• Assist in the successful control of vehicle maintenance and service requirements, ensuring a consistently road-worthy fleet;
• Assist in the development of the Company’s transport strategy to maximise profitability and return on investment;
• Work with all other transport teams throughout the Company to support their work requirements as needed and maximise internal revenue wherever possible;
• Investigate employee conduct and performance issues as required by management;
• Maintain good relationships with suppliers and work to ensure continued cost effectiveness, the control of expenditure and excellent supplier service so far as applicable within your remit of responsibility;
• Promote an open-door policy. Seek to understand and address day-to-day operational concerns within the driver fleet and transport team wherever possible in order to encourage a satisfied and operationally-sound workforce;
• Ensure that driver and transport team training records are accurately maintained and that all compulsory training is highlighted to management for review and action as required;
• Maintain an excellent working knowledge of all legislation that is relevant to the transport industry and work in accordance with this
• Understand the Operating License obligations and work with management to ensure that these are met;
• Highlight any concerns in this regard to management without delay;
• Understand and consistently promote Company policy and procedure including that relating to health and safety; and
• Work on ad-hoc and contract specific projects as required by management.
• Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
• Work with the operations team to continually improve processes and business performance;
• Support changes in the role necessary to take the department and business forward; and
• Work to achieve personal objectives set at appraisal and/or those set monthly or quarterly.
• Achieve agreed individual objectives; and
• Understand and adhere to all Woodland policies and procedures relevant to the role.
Previous experience as a Transport Supervisor is essential for this position, HGV licence would be beneficial. You will need to live and breathe our core values, customer first approach, sustainability goals and able to work in a fast-moving environment with a great team of people. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
Why you will love working for us:
• A good salary
• Generous holiday allowance.
• Recognition awards and Incentives
• Real career opportunities - being part of a Global logistics provider who is expanding globally opens many opportunities
• Team bonding opportunities
• To be part of a fast-moving exciting company with a great team of people
• And much more…
We look forward to you joining our world where WE CARE, WE CONNECT, WE DELIVER.