Resource Hub >Job Openings
Night Driver Supervisor - Rotherham
Woodland Logistics are recruiting a Night Driver Supervisor to be based on-site with one of our clients in Rotherham. The Night Driver Supervisor will report to the Transport Manager and will work directly with our drivers, external customers, and the Transport team to be the Woodland Logistics night driver contact.
This will involve supervising a team of 6 drivers plus agency staff debriefing and updating drivers. Delivering to customers when covering driver absence and holidays.
Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, the Group continuously challenges itself and its teams to be innovative, quick to adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members as well as the business. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, as well as our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing:
- Correctly briefing and debriefing drivers.
- Checking all timesheets and ensuring all paperwork is correct and alphabetized.
- Checking driver’s wallets and issuing any information i.e., mail
- Answering the telephone and assisting with any enquiries.
- Downloading drivers’ cards/ tachographs.
- Ensuring all Estimated Time of Arrivals (ETAs) are communicated.
- Updating spreadsheets including, but not limited to, trailer change overs, run summaries and trailer check sheets.
- Departing loads using Warehouse Management System (WMS) and then inputting all loads that have departed.
- Ensuring all uplifts are dispatched in correct loads.
- Reporting any overspill and correctly completing all relevant paperwork.
- Checking drivers have used PDA to update mandate.
You will have previous experience in a similar role within a major distribution operation, it is essential that you hold class 1 License have minimum 2 years’ experience, CPC card and Digi card. Candidates should be computer literate, particularly MS Office applications i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Excel or equivalent and have the Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
You will need to live and breathe our core values, customer first approach, sustainability goals and able to work in a fast-moving environment with a great team of people. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
Why you will love working for us:
- A good salary
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Real career opportunities - being part of a Global logistics provider who is expanding globally opens many opportunities
- Team bonding opportunities
- To be part of a fast-moving exciting company with a great team of people
- And much more…
We look forward to you joining our world where WE CARE, WE CONNECT, WE DELIVER.