Resource Hub >Job Openings
Key Account Manager - Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA
Woodland Group are recruiting a Key Account Manager for one of the fastest growing parts of our business. The Key Account Manager should have specialist knowledge on the interesting and exciting world of media/book supply chain. Working for one of the largest, international family-owned companies specialising in this industry across UK, Europe, Asia and the US the Key Account Manager will Reporting to the Branch Manager will manage and develop the relationships with key accounts, ensuring the highest level of service is being delivered and exceeding client expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain primary communications and relationship with key accounts.
- Liaise with export operations to ensure daily performance objectives are met or exceeded.
- Monitor activity to ensure that business is retained through effective communication and customer service.
- Manage exceptions for customers, including but not limited to claims, missing/delayed orders.
- Explore/expand on new market opportunities with key accounts and support with spot pricing.
- Maintain awareness of the Company products.
- Maintain the highest level of knowledge of air and ocean export procedures, markets, products and services.
- Actively promote and assist to market digital company products to the client base.
- Provide and maintain competitive pricing to key accounts.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly performance reviews with clients and operational staff, including pre- established KPI reports.
- Review and update requirements and customer profiles as required.
- Ensure that specific customer requirements are met by working with the commercial team to produce any bespoke Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements.
- Continuously develop strong working relationships with key customers and suppliers.
- Develop constructive working relationships with overseas agents and offices and internal offices and departments resolving any concerns by ensuring corrective action is taken.
- Provide constructive input to the weekly team meetings, working as a team to provide best practice outcomes for the business as a whole.
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- Work with the export team to continually improve processes and business performance.
- Support changes in the role necessary to take the department and business forward.
- Work to achieve personal objectives set at appraisal and/or those set monthly or quarterly.
You'll have experience in Specialist knowledge on the interesting and exciting world of media/book supply chain. You will need to live and breathe our core values, customer first approach, sustainability goals and able to work in a fast-moving environment with a great team of people. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
Would you like to work for a company where you can make a difference? Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, we continuously challenge ourselves and our teams to innovate and adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members, partners and communities. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence and innovation, collaboration, agility through independence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, and our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
Why you will love working for us:
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Real career opportunities - being part of a Global logistics provider who is expanding globally opens many opportunities.
- Team bonding opportunities.
- We are committed to sustainability.
- To be part of a fast-moving exciting company with a great team of people
- And much more…
We look forward to you joining our world where WE CARE, WE CONNECT, WE DELIVER.