Resource Hub >Job Openings
Import Supervisor - Chicago, USA
Are you and experienced Import Supervisor and looking for a new challenge? The Woodland Group are looking for an Import Supervisor with experience in Supervising Teams managing the full cycle within Freight Forwarding. The Import Supervisor will report to the Import Manager and working closely with the management and operations team, manage and develop the daily operations and staff, ensuring that all areas operate effectively and efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the operation through planning direction and control of all import operational activities on a day to day basis;
- Deliver excellent customer service through pro-active communication at all times.
- Manage and develop team members to enable operational objectives to be met.
- Monitor activity to ensure that business is retained through effective communication and customer service;
- Maintain awareness of the Company products;
- Ensure effective month end procedures and consistent best practice for systems use and processes are being followed.
- Ensure correct documentation and milestones are on file and act accordingly as set out in the instructions.
- Maintain all import files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management.
- Regularly monitor and review our Duty exposure, making sure we are not allowing cargo to be released without cleared funds;
- Review and update requirements and customer rate profiles as required;
- Maintain and distribute supplier/vendor rate profiles;
- Handle employee absences in line with Company policy;
- Manage the teams PTO requirements, ensure daily operations are covered at all times and that customer service is not affected;
- Ensure that specific customer requirements are met by working with the commercial team to produce any bespoke Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements;
- Continuously develop strong working relationships with customers and suppliers;
- Develop constructive working relationships with overseas agents and offices and internal offices and departments resolving any concerns by ensuring corrective action is taken;
- Provide constructive input to the weekly team meetings, working as a team to provide best practice outcomes for the business as a whole; and
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- Work with the operations team to continually improve processes and business performance;
- Support changes in the role necessary to take the department and business forward; and
- Work to achieve personal objectives set at appraisal and/or those set monthly or quarterly.
You'll have experience in full cycle Air and Ocean Imports and customs clearance. You will need to live and breathe our core values, customer first approach, sustainability goals and able to work in a fast-moving environment with a great team of people. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
The ideal candidate will have 5 years’ experience in the full cycle Air and Ocean Import and customs clearance.
Would you like to work for a company where you can make a difference? Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, we continuously challenge ourselves and our teams to innovate and adapt, provide expert solutions, and create opportunities for clients, team members, partners and communities. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence and innovation, collaboration, agility through independence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, and our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
Why you will love working for us:
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Recognition awards and Incentives
- Real career opportunities - being part of a Global logistics provider who is expanding globally opens many opportunities.
- Team bonding opportunities.
- We are committed to sustainability.
- To be part of a fast-moving exciting company with a great team of people
- And much more…
We look forward to you joining our world where WE CARE, WE CONNECT, WE DELIVER.