Resource Hub >Job Openings
Health and Safety Officer - UK
Woodland Group are recruiting a Heath and Safety Officer to be based at either our site at Doncaster or Coventry but covering all Woodland UK sites.
Woodland Group are recruiting a Heath and Safety Officer to be based at either our site at Doncaster or Coventry but covering all Woodland UK sites. The Health and Safety Officer will work closely with the Group management team to drive and coordinate the highest standard of health and safety in relation to the management, implementation and maintenance of all procedures across all UK sites owned or leased by Woodland Group Companies. The role is responsible for implementing positive solutions that meet the needs of the business without compromising on standard and ensuring legislative compliance at all times.
Woodland Group is more than just a logistics and supply chain company. Independently owned, the Group continuously challenges itself and its teams to be innovative, quick to adapt, provide expert solutions and create opportunities for clients, team members as well as the business. Our culture thrives on a drive for excellence, opportunities to learn and develop, our diversity and relationship building, as well as our desire to bring skills and passion to a quickly changing and fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing:
• Drive and deliver the Company’s internal health and safety policies;
• Inform, manage and drive the business to make appropriate working practice changes that
are fully compliant with legislation and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE);
• Keep fully abreast of current and pending health and safety legislation advising
management of relevant changes as well as implications relative to the business;
• Lead in house training and coaching at all levels to ensure employees to meet their health
and safety responsibilities;
• Advise, manage and coordinate on health and safety matters e.g. fire regulations, noise,
working conditions, safeguarding, machinery;
• Assist with and review risk assessments with the appropriate managers and isolate how risks
can be reduced;
• Outline and document safe operational procedures using a paperless method;
• Carry out regular audits of risk areas, compliance and the adherence to legislative
• Oversee the development of long term strategies, setting high standards of awareness
embedding a culture of continuous improvement.
• Ensure all accidents, incidents or near misses are fully investigated and all necessary
paperwork (including Riddor) is completed and submitted to the correct regulatory body.
• Produce and distribute management reports on near misses, accidents, days lost and where
appropriate remedial action to be taken;
• Conduct monthly reviews with paperless minutes that specify requirements, accountability
• Liaise with the Woodland Logistics partner sites to ensure customer H&S standards are met;
• Liaise with external advisers where necessary;
• Attend relevant industry specific seminars and legislation update events
• Produce KPI and financial reports where required; and
• Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the
You will need to live and breathe our core values, customer first approach, sustainability goals and able to work in a fast-moving environment with a great team of people. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
You'll have previous experience in Health and Safety across multiple sites.
Why you will love working for us:
We have a new UK benefits programme based on what our staff asked us for! This includes...
Generous holiday allowance which rises with service.
Recognition awards and Incentives.
Length of service incentives
Enhanced occupational maternity pay
Profit share scheme
Salary sacrifice pension scheme
Health cash plan
Mental health and stress hotline
Retail discounts and awards
Discounted health club membership
Real career opportunities
Team bonding opportunities and events
To be part of a fast-moving exciting company with a great team of people.
And much more…
We look forward to you joining our world where WE CARE, WE CONNECT, WE DELIVER.