Today, we are one of the largest privately owned global logistics businesses in the UK.
We have been consistently recognised for our supply chain excellence, dedication to customer service and innovative approach.
Over the years, our people have earned a reputation for being reliable, honest, hard-working, solutions-driven and fast to react.
Every Woodland Group employee shares the same determination to deliver quality and value to our customers. Inspired by these values, we are creating new business milestones together every day.
Strongly guided by our values, we pride ourselves on being easy to do business with, cutting through the noise to find effective solutions that facilitate easy processes for Woodlanders and clients alike.
We react quickly, create agile working environments that foster and build on respect, and go the extra mile to create relationships that provide successful growth for all. We remove obstacles and use our expertise to make things simple, delivering space to focus on what is important.
Our independence gives us an agility that sets us apart and we are not afraid to try new things and find innovative solutions where others may not be looking. We like to learn, and share our learnings, and strive to think outside the box to deliver solutions that make a positive difference and encourage growth.
We are honest with one another and our clients; We are not afraid to discuss issues and won’t promise anything we cannot deliver. We know that to truly make a difference we need to deliver excellence consistently.
We don’t rest on success, nor do we give up when things get tough. We create systems and processes that provide consistent support to deliver longevity. We focus on being part of the solution and believe in respecting each other, our communities, and the wider world
- 1988 Woodland formed
- 1991 opened New York (USA) office
- 1991 Boston (USA) office opened
- 1994 Bookbridge Forwarders formed
- 1994 International Food Link (IFL) formed
- 1995 Durable International acquired
- 1996 London Heathrow office opened
- 1997 Newcastle office opened
- 1997 Dublin office opened
- 1998 Woodland opens up Far East services with key partner IFB
- 1998 Manchester office opened
- 1999 Chicago, IL office opened
- 2000 Los Angeles, CA office opened
- 2002 Coggeshall warehouse acquired, new Woodland HQ
- 2003 Woodland recognised in ‘Top100 fastest growing businesses’ by Deloitte & Touche in the Independent on Sunday
- 2004 Woodland Entertainment formed
- 2004 Port Express formed
- 2005 CMR Logistics formed (now Woodland Logistics)
- 2006 BIFA award winner ‘Training & Staff Development’
- 2006 Millon International acquired
- 2006 Atlanta (USA) office opened
- 2010 Woodland HQ moved to Chelmsford
- 2010 Kearny, NJ office opened
- 2012 Woodland recognised in Sunday Times International Track 200 of ‘fastest growing businesses’
- 2012 BIFA award winner ‘Airfreight Services’
- 2014 Hong Kong office opened
- 2015 BIFA award winner ‘Supply Chain Services’
- 2016 Courier Elite acquired
- 2016 LA (USA) warehouse opened
- 2016 US customs brokerage division formed
- 2017 AEO accreditation acquired
- 2018 Dewsbury (UK) site opened
- 2018 Coventry (UK) fulfilment site opened
- 2019 Chicago (USA) warehouse opened
- 2019 Elizabeth, New Jersey, (USA) warehouse opened